CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Sleepless in London

I've only been here a few days, but I'm catching on.

Things I've learned so far:
1. Hair tongs= curling iron
2. It's spelled 'authorised' not 'authorized' and 'fibre' not 'fiber'.
3. When saying bye to someone add as many phrases as you can think of and say them as quickly as you can.
4. You do not want to be made redundant.
5. It is normal to be woken up at 3:30 am by someone outside you window screaming, "I am South America! I own this street!"
6. Smart people carry umbrellas with them at all times. It is very possible it will rain four times in one day.
7. Avoid looking/going into phone booths. Dirty.
8. People walk on the left side of the street and escalators are switched around too. Also, to avoid near-death experiences whilst crossing the street, remember cars drive on the other side.

I reckon that's not bad for only being here a day or two, yeah? Well, it's two in the morning now and the movers bring all our stuff tomorrow which will keep us very busy so I should try to get some shut eye.
Talk to ya later!Cheers!Thanks!Cheerio!I'm off!It's all good!Right then!See ya!Bye!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Totally bril', miss you like crazy! I hope the flight over wasn't too bad... adore you, miss you, cheers, toodle pip.. bye bye

Allison said...

I'm so happy to hear you all made it there safe and sound. It will be such an adventure to learn English all over again.

BTW- you should update our URL on your blogroll. Your site hasn't updated with our posts since I switched to blogger!

Laura said...

wotcher! "hair tongs" sounds so very odd. But I'm glad you got to meet South America. That's nice.

Happy unloading today!