CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

D.C.

My trip to D.C. (which was two weeks ago, I've been pathetically slow about updating) was a blast! My sister Sariah and I were crazy tourists, and managed to see almost everything. We went to the top of the Washington Monument and it was so clear we could see our temple far in the background. We got to see 32 million dollar stacks of money which didn't impress me at all. Nope, not one bit. I got to see art by most of my favorite artists including Rothko which made me even more interested in him. And, because I couldn't see The Dark Knight at the midnight showing (Sariah and I left for a two-day car trip the next day at 7am which would have only given me about three hours of sleep) we went with Laura. And it was awesome! I'm sure everyone has seen it at least once by now. I think the coolest place I saw was the Library of Congress. It was beautiful! I wish we had figured out how to get a pass to go in the actual library part of the building, but it was still amazing. It was also fun getting to hang out with Ruth and the boy she nannnies and meeting the people Laura teaches. And it was great getting to hang out with Peter even though his work was crazy. He was lots of fun despite him torturing me. So, summing up the whole D.C. experience: it rocked!

0 comments: