CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Forced to face fears

Fear # 1: Being watched via camera, satellite, or eyes.
Facing fear #1: I can't stop counting all the security cameras that are on every street. And my sister, Laura, told me this horrify little fact that people in London are watched on average by 300 cameras a day. Here's a freaky article about it http://www.newstatesman.com/200610020022 (sorry, I can't figure out the link thing right now)

Fear # 2: Feet. Dirty feet. Ugly feet. Feet touching me. Even clean feet.
Facing fear #2: Wearing flip flops in the city is no longer a good idea. Socks and covered shoes are. Also, there are lots of people on the streets meaning lots of feet to have to see.

Fear # 3: Dirty teeth. My own in particular.
Facing fear # 3 part a: People here just don't care about their teeth the same way that Americans do. Don't know why they think it is normal to have yellow, crookedy teeth.
Facing fear #3 part b: My toothbrush won't charge and I can't figure out why. A normal toothbrush just doesn't leave your teeth with that just-left-the-dentist clean feeling that I love so much.

All of this to deal with and I'm not curled up in the fetal position rocking back and forth. Pretty amazing if you ask me. I must be really brave and tough.

2 comments:

andalucy said...

Are you the OCD person Leslie was referring to in her latest post? :-)

Glad to know you haven't gone fetal yet.

Konga said...

Definitely one of them. My mom would have to be the other