CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A little bit of bragging

I'll try to give you guys the short, yet exciting version of this story. On Monday I went to the single's ward FHE (first time, yay!) and Mark was there. He plays for the Timberwolves and is pretty cool. He had brought one of his championship rings to FHE and was letting everyone check it out and I think I was the only girl there who knew what it meant and thought it was awesome. When I gave it back to him I told him that it was on loan and I expected him to return it. I went back home and was telling the fam about how cool it was and they were all just talking about how dirty their teeth were and how badly they needed to brush them. (People who don't know me too well: I am OCD about my teeth and when people talk about dirty teeth I need to go brush mine.) But I was still on a championship ring high that I didn't really notice. Finally Leslie just told me to go to the bathroom and the ring was on the counter. You will have to ask Les about details but I guess he came over and told them to give it to me. A photoshoot, lots of oogling, and ten hours later Sariah and I went to drop it off at his house. We were all talking and basketball came up (big surprise) and I told him how Andrei Kirilenko is my favorite player. He asked Sariah who hers is and she had to tell him she didn't really know basketball. When we were leaving he said he had to get us something and ran out of the room. When he came back he handed Sariah a pair his old shorts with a T-Wolves logo and gave me a huge shoe. Yeah, it's a signed shoe from AK-47! Mark is friends with him and asked Kirilenko to sign two pairs of shoes for boys at the camp Mark has. Mark figures Kirilenko would be happy to give a fan from Minnesota one of them. Now I need to find a rotating pedestal for it.





The championship ring. Lakers won two years in a row which is why it has two hoops.




Me fashioning the awesome ring. It was huge!












Check out the awesomeness of that shoe! So cool!

2 comments:

tiffany and darren said...

Darren is going to be jealous of this story. Though, our favorite player is Daron Williams. Go Jazz!!

andalucy said...

J looked over my shoulder and gawked at the ring and shoe. MM seems like a nice guy.