CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh, what a weekend it was!

This was my last weekend in Minnesota, and it was a great one to end on! I didn't get to go to the concert I wanted to cause it was 95 degrees outside with 70% humidity and it was supposed to storm. Not ideal conditions for an outside concert. Leslie, John, and I did have a fun party that night, and there was a killer cool lightning storm. Saturday I went to the family goodbye party the ward had for us, we played football and I actually caught the ball and ran with it! Like three times! Whoot. Then, I went to a friend's goodbye party, you know, cause I hadn't had enough of parties. There were people breathing fire, a blind-folded guy under mistletoe, and spinning basketballs. Yeah, we Minnesotan Mormons really know how to party. I am actually getting pretty good at spinning a basketball on my finger now, only took an hour to figure it out. I would be happy to show off for you next time I see you. Today was the sad day of the weekend. I had to say bye to some of the greatest people. I will miss them lots, especially June Russell. She has been my Minnesota grandma and is wonderful. My family finished the day by walking our beloved lake. "My heart leaps up when I behold a rainbow in the sky..." ~William Wordsworth. My mom and I recite that poem every time we walk around Neil Lake. It was lovely and I am glad I will be here a few more days so I can still enjoy it. I would post pictures to make this post more fun, but we packed the cords to upload stuff from the camera. Bummer. You will just have to imagine the craziness, beauty, and randomness of the weekend. Or I could draw you a picture and send it to you, but that will cost you.

1 comments:

Ruthie said...

Konga, I wish I had been there with you guys to say goodbye to the lake and those amazing people... I know you are going to tear it up in London!