CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Word of the day

schadenfreude \SHOD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
Enjoyment obtained from the misfortunes of others.

I have not managed to pull off using this word, the people I talk to keep giving me weird looks. They either don't know what it means, are surprised that I do, or I totally force the word into the conversation and everyone gets confused. I guess schadenfreude doesn't really have anything to do with swimming or going to a movie. Unless the swimmer's suit falls off and the person at the movie trips and spills their drink on their shirt. That would definitely call for some schadenfreude.
Now you go use schadenfreude in your next conversation. I dare you.

1 comments:

tiffany and darren said...

I just laughed out loud reading the mini comic strip. Thanks for the new word. I try to use pulchritude (Laura's word from the last reunion) as often as I can. I will add this new word to my list. I will even attempt using them in the same conversation, people will think I am soooo smart :)